Aeration and Oxygenation
Patented Double Bubble Technology™
The purpose of wastewater aeration is twofold:
1. To supply the required oxygen to the metabolizing microorganisms; and
2. To provide mixing so that the microorganisms come into contact with the dissolved and suspended organic matter.
The Patented Double Bubble Technology™ utilized by the ARES Aerator is designed specifically to mix and aerate in one portable unit. The ARES utilizes fine bubble diffusers to efficiently supply oxygen while attaining a high level of aeration energy efficiency. A coarse bubble static tube creates the mixing. This allows the microorganisms to contact with the dissolved and suspended organic matter.
Efficient Mixing & Aeration in One Portable Unit
Ares Lagoon Aeration
Ares Lagoon Aeration
The Ares Lagoon Aerator cut its teeth in Municipal Wastewater Treatment over a decade ago. With both mixing and aeration incorporated into one portable aerator, the Ares can be successfully utilised in:
• Wastewater aeration lagoons
• Wastewater aeration tanks
• Flow equalization basins
• Reclaimed water storage reservoirs
• And much more.
Let us put our 30+ years of wastewater engineering experience to work for you!
Energy Efficiency and Cost
Extensive independent testing has proven that the Ares Aerator has a best-in-industry Standard Aeration Efficiency (SAE). The MARS is 50-60% more energy-efficient than high-speed surface aerators and 40-50% more efficient than coarse bubble diffusers.
Energy efficiency is further enhanced by the patented Double-Bubble Technology which allows custom optimisation of each system’s fine bubble (oxygenation) and coarse bubble mixing demands.
The Ares Aeration System includes a broad range of product models and options. Our engineering team designs systems that are customised to meet your facilities unique requirements while also targeting the fastest possible project payback period with significant energy savings. This payback period often falls within 12-36 months.
1. Aeration, Mixing and Portability. – The Ares Lagoon Aeration System provides wastewater lagoon aeration and mixing in one portable aerator. Utilising both fine bubble aeration and coarse bubble technology, the Ares is able to achieve efficient aeration and thorough mixing of the water column.
2. Easy System Installation. – Ares Aerators are simple to install to any wastewater lagoon facility. Each self-weighted unit is connected to an on-shore air supply via flexible weighted tubing and lowered into the water.
3. Simple System Maintenance. – Maintenance of the Ares Aeration System is equally as simple and can be completed from the surface without incurring system downtime. This hassle-free modular design allows for the MARS to treat any size wastewater facility.
Double Bubble Technology
1. Coarse Bubble Mixing: Large bubbles are released at the bottom of the static tube creating a draft effect that pulls water and liquefied organic matter up from the basin floor. This produces wastewater mixing by highly agitating the water column, thoroughly churning and circulating the entire basin.
2. Fine Bubble Aeration: Fine bubble diffusers surround the static tube, maximising oxygen transfer efficiency (OTE) while minimising energy consumption. Enhanced by the mixing effect of the coarse bubble, this combination provides the ideal environment for biological treatment.
3. Optimised Energy Distribution: The Ares’ modular design allows for treatment to be evenly distributed throughout the entire wastewater lagoon, mixing and aerating from the basin floor to the surface.
Lower Maintenance Costs
1. Ease of Maintenance: Each Ares is a portable aerator that is self-weighted and equipped with a stainless steel tether and locator float. When necessary, individual units can be easily lifted to the surface for servicing without the expense of dewatering or the inconvenience of system downtime.
2. Centralised Air Supply: Air can be supplied to the entire Ares Wastewater Lagoon Aeration System by a single, centralised on-shore blower. If needed, additional blowers can be provided to meet sizing, layout or redundancy requirements. For further energy savings and control, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and Dissolved Oxygen (DO) meters can be incorporated.
3. Anti-Fouling Design: The MARS Aerator resists fouling, clogging and general ‘wear-and-tear’ in several ways:
A. Utilising self-checked fine & coarse bubble diffusers
B. Using self-cleaning EPDM fine bubble membranes
C. Elevating the diffusers above accumulated solids
D. Eliminating all submerged moving parts.
Select-Liquid02® is a liquid source of oxygen that helps to eliminate the low DO (dissolved oxygen) conditions, odours, and septicity. These conditions can occur in collection systems as well as activated sludge plants and aeration basins. A lack of dissolved oxygen can lead to bulking filaments like Thiothrix/021N, h. hydrossis, Sphaerotilus natans/Type 1701, and other filaments with sulphur granules. Odours caused by low DO can occur in collection systems as well as in lagoons, especially during the warmest months.
Select-Liquid02® helps to adjust ORP, offsetting septicity, and promoting metabolic activity of aerobic bacteria.
The Science Behind It
Select-Liquid02® is an easy to apply liquid micronutrient that promotes metabolic activity of the aerobic bacteria. Simply inject OxyFresh into the basin when you need it most (during periods of overloading or hot weather). The plant will recover from low DO faster and have fewer odours with Select-Liquid02®. Blended into OxyFresh are odour neutralizers that knock out offensive odours.
Select-Liquid02® is often used in lift stations as well. Select-Liquid02®will prevent downstream odours.
Applications and Benefits
– Wastewater Plants
– Aerobic Digestor
– Lift Station
– Hauling Tanks
Select-Liquid02® Benefits for O2 and Odor Control
– Prevents Downstream Odours
– Fewer Odours
– Fast Recovery
– Easy to Apply
SELECT-Oxypack® Lagoon Oxygen Booster is a granular oxygen source that is used in wastewater lagoons and ponds to accelerate the digestion of sludge and prevent odours.
SELECT-Oxypack® is a biostimulant and sludge digestion accelerator that really kicks the bacteria into overdrive to chew up sludge.
The Science Behind It
When added to a lagoon, SELECT-Oxypack® – Lagoon Oxygen Booster sinks down into the sludge layer. As the pack dissolves, peroxide liberates the sludge and punches holes in the muck layer. This increases the surface area and allows new pathways for the bacteria to get deeper into the sludge. The effect on the sludge layer is similar to core aerating your lawn. It also adds oxygen to the often anaerobic muck layer, to minimize odour production.
SELECT-Sediment® and SELECT-Oxypack® are also a good combination for wastewater operations with percolation ponds and rock filters.
Percolation ponds and rock filters tend to build up with sludge and dead organics. These clog the surface and prevent water from trickling through them. The use of both these products and help break up and digest organic matter so the water starts flowing again.
SELECT-Oxypack®– Oxygen Booster is sometimes used to offset toxicity, raise DO, and stimulate the bacterial environment in wastewater treatment plants. Call us if you have any questions, we’d be glad to help out.
Applications and Benefits
– Wastewater Lagoons
– Decorative Ponds
– Sewer Lines
– Holding Tanks
– Lift Stations
– Wastewater Treatment Plants
– Promotes metabolic activity of the anaerobic bacteria
– Knocks out toxicity, sulphides and sulfide-based filaments
– Prevents downstream odours
– Neutralizes existing odours
– Easy to use